Sep 2017 Update- due to the rewrite of the GMSF the dates for the Local Plan will be pushed back potentially to be aligned with the new GMSF dates. We wait for confirmation by the end of 2017
Info below taken from the TMBC website. A FOI regarding the start date of the local plan was submitted to TMBC in April 2017.
Tameside Local Plan
Tameside is preparing a new Local Plan which will be the main land use planning document for the Borough. The Local Plan will replace the Councils currently adopted Unitary Development Plan, adopted in 2004 and will incorporate the strategic policies and allocations as they evolve in the draft Greater Manchester Spatial Framework (GMSF).
The Local Plan will provide the necessary policy detail where that is absent from the scope of the GMSF and will therefore consist of:
- Strategic Policies incorporating the site allocations and amendments/alterations to the Green Belt identified within the GMSF
- Non-strategic site allocations
- Infrastructure requirements;
- Development Management Policies; and
- Policies Map.
Preparation of the Local Plan will be accompanied by an Integrated Assessment which includes Sustainability Appraisal and Health and Equalities lmpact Assessments and a Habitat Regulation Assessment will also be undertaken separately.
Integrated Assessment Scoping Report
The Council is now seeking opinion on its Integrated Assessment Scoping Report which can be downloaded below. If you would like to comment you should do so by Monday 10 April 2017, details of how to respond are contained within the report.
- Integrated Assessment Scoping Report and Non-Technical Summary (3.99MB)
- Appendix A and B (Quality Assurance Checklist & Review of Plans and Programmes) (0.82MB)
- Appendix C (Settlement Constraint Mapping) (3.81MB)
- Appendix D, E and F (Definitions of Significance, Equality Impact Assessment Template and Health Impact Assessment Screening Questions) (0.35MB)
Local Plan Regulation 18 Consultation
In accordance with Regulation 18 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning)(England) Regulations 2012 the Council is giving formal notice of its intentions to prepare a Local Plan and the subject of this, detailed within the notice below and invites views about what the Local Plan ought to contain.
If you would like to comment on the proposed subject and scope of the Local Plan these should be submitted during the 6 week consultation period running from Monday 23 January 2017 to Monday 6 March 2017.
Local Plan Regulation 18 Notice (0.06MB)